Thursday 23 August 2018

Working on my new website







I have had a busy summer and I am loving it! This summer I was lucky enough to get my computer all set up and animate lots of things. I just about to finish a client project which I will post sometime in the future once everything is official. I have secured some more client work which unfortunately like the other client work, I am unable to disclose what it is at the moment. What I can tell people (if anyone reads this page at all) is I am working on my professional website.

I want to make the website clean and simple but since I love animation and am an animator why not make my own animation to feature on the page.
Sounds simple but making animation for the web has lots of tricky bits and bobs in the rendering and exporting of files.

Making animation that will look good on computers and tvs is one thing but making animations that look good on that, as well as mobile phones and tablets is whole other ball park. 

A gif should play on all devices so I created some typography animation in After Effects for my about page. Exporting a gif proved to be a challenge, the standard way to export through media encoder left some nasty distortion and artefacts in the animation and I can't have that for my website. So I have to export as a mp4 and then import into photoshop and export from there into a gif for web. However that isn't all because there is a 500 frame limit, unless you trick the program by converting the video into frames and pasting all the frames you want back in and then exporting. Who knew making a simple gif was such hard work.
As soon as the website is complete and the other client projects I will post around proudly.
For now go check out my Instagram if you haven't already as I post art work there frequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment